Friday, November 7, 2008

Kirsten is Sleeping in her Crib :)

When Kirsten was born she would not sleep in her bassinet. Due to our living arrangements at that time we did not have her crib set up to see if she would like sleeping in there instead, so she has been sleeping with us for the past 3 months. Ben wants her to sleep in her own bed, like she is supposed to, so that we can cuddle and stuff. He has been telling me I need to start putting her in her crib for naps so she will know that it is her bed and get used to being in there. When Kirsten is sleepy she gets cranky, like her momma (lol), so yesterday when she got cranky I knew she was ready for a nap. I decided to take Ben's advice and lay her in her crib for a nap. She fussed for about 10-15 mins and I just would go in and put her patsie back in her mouth and she finally went to sleep. She slept for about 30 mins and I was happy thinking it's a start. We normally go to bed between 11-12 and around that time she started getting cranky so I asked Ben to lay her in her crib to see what she does. Ben laid her down, turned her mobile on, and shut the door. She went to sleep! We didn't hear a peep out of her! I was so suprised that it was so easy. I mean I thought we would have to let her cry :( which will make me cry :( for a few nights or weeks even before she will just lay down and go to sleep. She is such a good baby. We are so blessed to have her and we love her so much. She slept until around 4:45 and then she woke up hungry. I then put her in bed with me since daddy left for work at 4:00, hehe:) I sneaked in and got a pic of my precious lil angel after she fell asleep.

1 comment:

vicki said...

Nice to see my little sleeping beauty! how'd my handsome young man like church yesterday? i will phone you soon, Barb. Sorry I didn't call back last night. love, mom