Thursday, October 23, 2008

My "Unicorn"

Finally the car is running. I had a genious idea to put some aftermarket parts on to make it faster and ran into some problems. I just recieved a part yesterday that resolved the problem right away. I couldn't believe it! It was just too easy. I hadn't made the expense for the part because I wasn't prepared for the cost of the part and thought that I could use a similar part and make it work. Well, it ended up burning up several spark plug wires which forced my hand to get the right part and new spark plug wires. Oh well!! It is running like a Mustang should. I can't wait to see what it does in the quarter mile. I have been talking about my car at work for the past month and I can finally show off one of my joys. It has been fun!!

3 comments:

Tori said...

congrats on getting it going. Now... be safe!

vicki said...

AS my mother would say...
"Be carfull or you will be carless!"
Is unicorn the name of your mustang? Any particular reason?
I am happy to see some of my loved ones on the blog. Where's Ben?
love, mom

Ben and Barb said...

I call my car unicorn because for so long I have been wanting this bodystyle mustang and could never have it. Much like the main character in "Gone in 60 seconds" had tried to steal a 1967 shelby GT500 3 times and wasn't successful. So, the car to him was much like a Unicorn, mystical creature that you may come close to but can never catch.